About Me

My photo
Mountain lover, Jesus follower, big sister, word enthusiast

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas and New Year

I've had a wonderful Christmas holiday with my family, especially with my little sister who celebrated it for the very first time. Of course, she's not quite old enough to understand what's going on, but she enjoyed chewing wrapping paper. In the past couple of weeks, we've had about 5 or 6 feet of snow. Looking outside my window as I write this, the beautiful champagne powder for which our ski town is famous is heaped everywhere. Every branch on the scrub brush covering the opposite mountain is delicately lined with the stuff. *sigh* What an amazing God. Considering 2011 starts in 2 days, I've been considering what 'resolutions' to make. I think I'm going to take at least 1 picture every day of something God has blessed me with. It's a new year with new beginnings. I know many people consider this, but as you read this, why not think of one way you know God has been trying to work through you. Maybe (all my homeschooling friends :P) that would entail reaching out to a neighbor or other friend, not necessarily from school, considering where we go. :) Or maybe it would mean something like more kindness towards our siblings. I know many of the followers on this blog are the oldest or an older child in their family. Something my amazing, sweet and personable mother has been trying to work with us on is being a servant like Christ was a servant, especially in the past couple of weeks before Christmas. I've realized that although I rarely mean it, I boss or otherwise unintentionally hurt my younger brothers or sister (Casiah doesn't count for that yet) by treating them as if I were either our mom or dad. Believe me, those words taste like vinegar coming out of my mouth... or fingers as the case happens to be. So those are basically my New Year's resolutions. Some minor things include more snowboarding, writing, reading (I've discovered the amazing world of Agatha Christie! JOY!), and overall enjoying a beautiful world God created. Hallelujah, amen! Really, whenever I say that I start to sing that song. It gets old after a while, but it's a good song, so I guess I shouldn't complain. YAY! MORE SNOW IS COMING DOWN! Well, if I do not post before day after tomorrow, Happy New Year. It's hopefully going to be a lovely one. :)

2 comments:

  1. *cough* I like vinegar *cough* My resolutions are to love others more, and to do my devotions regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh so hard, it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete

Followers