About Me

My photo
Mountain lover, Jesus follower, big sister, word enthusiast

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Frodo

This afternoon is Senior Graduation at my school.

I just had to stare at that sentence for a while. Tons of memories just swelled through the canals of my brain. I hope I can articulate them and the amazing person (and eventually people) behind them.

Last year, my friends and I started to sit in the loft above the cafeteria with the middle schoolers. We got to know them very well, a thing that proved useful when they joined the high school the next year. Out of the blue, a junior named Kieran joined us. At this point in the year, I had begun to obsess over the Lord of the Rings.

(BREAK! I mean come on people, who wouldn't?!!? It's Lord. Of. The. Rings. I pity the people who haven't read/seen it.)

Our friend Kieran, with his amazingly poufy hair, was soon dubbed Frodo. I became Sam, and other friends became Gollum, Gimlee, Pippin, Merry and our math teacher was unwittingly called Gandalf. Thus The Shire was born. It's been an honor, Kieran my friend.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you;
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.
~Irish Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers