About Me

My photo
Mountain lover, Jesus follower, big sister, word enthusiast

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recap

Two years, my dearest nonexistent readers. Two years. I'm not going to offer an excuse, because at this point I don't think you would read it. At this point, I think I might be writing to myself, and I'm ok with that.

Two years.

What's happened? What has God accomplished?

Well, I know this. I'm not the same person that I was then. Two years means getting myself successfully situated smackdab in the middle of high school. Hello world! You're reading the words of an ever wise fool.
God's given. I've received grace, a green belt, new friends, new ways to think.
A youth group, with spectacular leaders, and lots of fun. New lessons about life: like making cake with your little sister and becoming heartsore (and hearthealed) over a sweet guy.
A special visit with my Uncle Chris, Aunt Liz and Alex for three whole awesome months. Not to mention, the (continuing) best email correspondence of the century after they left.

God's taken away. I've lost a cousin. We celebrated Max's birthday with bright lanterns that floated away like kisses. 
I lost a great grandpa. He had tenacity. No, really. He was so determined to cut down a tree on his property that he chopped until it fell on him. I felt a little cheated out of getting to know an amazing man, but his life was full and beautiful.
I've learned about God's grace. I read the book Graceful: For Young Women by Emily P. Freeman and it changed everything. If you're reading this, read this. ->
Oh yeah, I turned fifteen. At this point, I'm only a couple months away from sixteen, but that's ok.
I got to visit California with my singing group/best friends, and travel all the way to Washington D.C. with my school to witness Obama's second inauguration. I enjoyed the "with my school" part more than the "Obama's second inauguration" part.
I designed a whole yearbook all by myself  with my yearbook advisor. That was challenging, but so much fun. I'm about to pass Algebra II, even though it came with some extreme challenges over the course of the year. 

My school experienced its own set of challenges. A new year brought new teachers, a bittersweet thing. Until last week, it looked like we might not have a next year at all. But God, the GREAT Provider, worked in ways I can't even describe to bring in funds with which to continue. Now I can continue into my junior year with these loonies.
In fact, I've watched God provide for me. Some days it was just a hug when I felt like I would explode. Other days it was breakfast. Once it was a long needed conversation with my mom -- and then another one, and then another one. Several times it was someone noticing on the days when I felt invisible, like my dad saying I was beautiful out of the blue as I stood washing casserole dishes in my pajamas sans makeup. (This dad, even though the picture was taken a long time ago->)
Most recently, it was my uncle, avid Dr. Who fan, trilingual scholar, and reader of all things considered nerd (not because they're called nerdy, but because my uncle thought they were cool before nerd was cool), saying he thought I had moxie. 

Moxie.

A word that inspired me to rename my poor old blog. Maybe it will make it a little easier to read the title now. (If you've found this, tell everyone else it's at themoxieofclarky.blogspot.com)

And now I'll leave you with my favorite color and a quote from one of my new favorite people -- the aforementioned Emily P. Freeman. Goodbye, invisible world. Who knows when I'll be able to write again?

"Yellow is dancing around in my head. The things that make us come alive always are."
~Emily P. Freeman

"How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun!"
~Vincent van Gogh


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started blogging again Andrea! Did someone encourage you too? Or did you dig back in because you wanted too? Just curious! God has really changed me a lot in these past two years too. I loved reading your recap of the two years, it's funny how they can pass so quickly but still be packed with so many wonderful things that happened. Keep blogging, I'll keep reading :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers