Thanks to my wonderful
aunt's tutoring, I have been learning photography for several months now. The words aperture, white balance, shutter speed and ISO (I know it's not a word, but it still counts) float through my mind whenever I pick up the camera. I have unfortunately missed several opportunities to capture memories and beauty and for that I've been kicking myself (not literally) for several weeks. But as soon as I show you, dear audience, my more recent pictures, I pledge to clean my room and then take out my camera to show you the unusually green Colorado mountains.
While driving home from Wisconsin, (see last post) we stopped to visit some friends of ours in Minnesota for the weekend. If you have checked out the "My Life" page of this blog, you know I was born in Minneapolis, which was very near where we were staying. You may be curious to know if I may have seen the place where I was born and lived. I did not. But I did see baby foals, and now you shall too!

This foal was about a week old, and very curious. A dear person I met saw my camera and allowed me to photography (awesome word.) the little things. Right here, the foal started sniffing the outside world. Since he'd been born, he'd been in a large stall with his mom, just running around, sleeping, licking salt, and eating. :') So sweet! But there were not only foals in this stable. Of course not! Meet some of the other inhabitants:

Just so you know, all picture I've taken are so far, unedited. But I still love this picture. :)

The only reason I was at the stable at all was because I was accompanying my friend Hayleigh. She needed to ride her two horses (one of whom is shown above), and asked me to come with her. I'm soooo glad I did! Not only were the horses lovely, but I got to spend time with Hayleigh whom I hadn't seen since and won't see til Christmas. Thanks Hayleigh, for a wonderful time!
My life and times,
Andrea
the fawn is so cute!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, i LOVE the last picture.
ReplyDeleteAnd photography is SUCH an awesome word!! =D =D =D
What kind of camera where you using?
:) Thank you ladies! Chavonne, I use an Olympus e520, a completely epic DSLR.
ReplyDeleteahh! Okay!
ReplyDeleteWow.... I love horses! They are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnna
godstomboy@blogspot.com
:) Thank you!
ReplyDelete