About Me

My photo
Mountain lover, Jesus follower, big sister, word enthusiast

Monday, October 17, 2011

Update of Lateness :)

Hello everyone! I'd like to say now, you all win virtual cookies for still following my blog. :D Would you like to know what's been going on in my life for the past several months? Do you REALLY want to know? No, you probably don't, but I'll keep going anyway.
I last posted some time in July, a little bit before my birthday. I'm fourteen! **party noisemakers and confetti** I'm quite excited about driving next summer, and have been discussing aspects of it with my dad. He claims to have no idea what I'm talking about. "Driving? You're not driving! What will you drive!?" Ahem. He'll need some work. :)
After that pesky post, we had some daycamps at our church. A youth group from Indiana came over to help with several kids in a buddy style: one teen to one kid. We went to several places all around the county and yes, for those of you who were wondering, we had our gigantic snowball fight (we found a different snow pile) August 2nd. Since then, their youth pastor and his wife have decided that God is calling them to be in Steamboat with us! We are SO excited for the Parkers to be joining us here in January. Please pray for their other church though. Our family understands (and I'm sure many of you, dear readers) what they're going through. People get kind of hurt when their pastor leaves.
Casiah's birthday was July 28th, and I'll hopefully be able to post some pictures. I was very happy with how they turned out, but not to worry. She'd be photogenic in a potato sack. :)
I started school with Cova k12, the Colorado division of the k12 online public school. I hated it, but I was kind of trying (meaning I wasn't trying too hard) to do it because it was what God wanted me to be doing then. Our church decided about three weeks ago that it was very important to them that their pastor's kids get a good education, and they would pay for it as a pastor's bonus. Guess what that meant? :D All of my brothers and sisters are doing very well in the school my parents chose for them this year: Jared's in k12, Elianna and Micah are in the public elementary school, and Casiah is happily being a toddler at home. I found out that Sunday afternoon and showed up at school the next morning. Praise the Lord, for He works in wonderful ways!!
My mom and the connections she has are amazing! Let me give some background information: Each year in Steamboat, the town holds a Friday Artwalk, where local businesses can ask local artists to display their work on a specified Friday evening. (Also called an exposition :P) My mom's coffee shop, in all their amazingness, asked me to put up some pictures. (!!!!!!!!) *insert scream* That was week before last. The night of, I was at the coffee shop and several friends came in, and a couple of the long term visitors -- other photographers, photographer's friends, the musicians -- asked me about my work. :D Hopefully I'll remember to put some up for you as well.
Please pray for me in a 'new' school. Working through getting re-adjusted to peer relationships, doing homework on time, figuring out new teachers and getting assignments and obligations filled out is tough! :) Have a great day!

My life and times, for His glory,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers